User Tools

Site Tools


zerkwad

Zerkwad

Zerkwad is a war cleric from the tribes of berserkers in the Vestkrag mountains. He is very superstitious. He won't sleep around live birds. He refuses to steal from the dead - except from the undead in which case he takes EVERYTHING because those monsters deserve to have nothing in the afterlife. He won't step on cracks in masonry. He won't adventure on the sabbath day. The sabbath is not the same day every week. He always drinks with his left hand. He won't step on other peoples' shadows, unless he wants them to die a horrible death in the future. He believes he has already died once and come back to life, but that is debatable because he may have just been REALLY drunk. Spitting into the darkness makes the lords of shadows allow mortals to see in the pitch black.

Zerkwad believes that halflings are cursed evil-people. He hates them with a passion and refuses to deal with them. Zerkwad doesn't read, and believes that books will drain the life from you through the power of the written word. Zerkwad has a terrible phobia of snakes and believes that foul humors falling from above into his face and mouth is a good omen. He refuses to wear a bag over his head unless under the open night sky of stars in which case it is important to do so. He is angry at fish people. They are the worst kind of people. Zerkwad has a fear of mirrors. He believes that the “duplicate” inside the mirror wants to murder him in his sleep. Lighting an open flame in a candle shop before nighttime is a bad idea because it invokes the attention of evil spirits.

The barbarian wads are not beholden to civilized tropes of romance and marriage. Zerkwad himself has four “fathers” each of whom had relations with his mother. Zerkwad considers the epithet “motherfucker” to be a term of endearment amongst his people.

The Wad family motto is from the ancient common tongue and reads: “Si obeas Richardwados omnem diem, forte tu est Richardwadus”

Character Sheet

Class/Level: Cleric - 8
AC: 18 (Plate and Shield)
HP: 34 + 5 Temporary HP (+ Mountain Man Breakfast / 25gp)
Base move 30'; In armor: 25'
Species: Human
Saving Throw: 7

Initiate of Isis & Osiris
Turn Undead
Alignment: Lawful

STR-16, INT-10, WIS-13, DEX-11, CON-14, CHA-10
+1 Damage with melee and hurled weapons
+4 Base Attack Bonus (+6 with magic hammer)

Adventuring Skills (D8): Recruitment, Alchemy, Shield Sacrifice, Berserk Rage, Quick Draw
Languages: Common
Permanent Wound: -1 CON

Resources

Gold: 3370.55 gp ⇒ 10% to church of Isis and Osiris
500gp carried in belt pouch when adventuring

XP: 70,511.5 (9th @ 100,000)

Basic Gear

plate armor with shiny helmet, large four-pint wineskin, sturdy shield, spare shield, sack of raw pony meat, herbal bag, potions bandolier, +2 magic warhammer, silver holy symbol (ankh), Dust of Appearance (17 uses), Belt pouch with 500gp, Potion bag (with up to four potions), staff of healing (39-5-1-2=30 charges)

Items 16 of 16

Free Gear: clothes, backpack, belts and scabbards, two emergency sacks, light wand attached to his shield

Bandolier

  • 0 x Potion of Heal Wounded
  • 2 x Neutralize Poison Potion
  • 1 x Remove Disease Potion

Potions Pouch

With up to five potions to stay under my limit

  • 1 x Potion of Dog Control (from level 4)
  • 1 x Potion of Fire Resistance
  • 1 x Potion of Defense (+2 AC for 1d6+6 turns)
  • 1 x Potion of Protection from Missiles
  • 1 x Clairvoyance Potion (Scry: The caster is able to see and hear anything visible/audible from a chosen spot within 60’ of his current location, whether through walls, inside buildings, chests or graves, or even underground. It requires 20’ of stone or a thin layer of lead to stop the scry. This spell can be cast through a crystal ball, and so the 60’ area would be from the location viewed through the crystal ball itself.)

Herbals Bag

  • 5 x Comfrey root (healing 1d4 1xday)
  • 2 x Birthwart (for poison)
  • 2 x Belladonna (for lycanthropy)
  • 1 x Chaulmoogra Oil (for oozes)
  • 1 x Garlic (for making vampires cringe)
  • 3 x Goldenrod (25% to cure a disease)
  • 1 x Wolfsbane (for turning lycanthropes)
  • 3 x Tamarid (for mummy rot)

Gear Left at the Frathouse

  • Gold left at home = 500 less than what is above
  • Dragon scale armor (as chain)
  • 2 x spare shield
  • spell book of cleric spells
  • bag of caltrops
  • regular mace
  • crowbar
  • MW warhammer (+1 attack AND DAMAGE vs. Plate)
  • sling and a dozen 11 bullets - six of them silvered
  • food bag 7 rations,
  • 5 x Heal Wounded Potions
  • 7 x Holy Water (20gp / 1day each)
  • 2 x Potion of Darkvision (for 1d6+6 turns)
  • 1 x Neutralize Poison Potion
  • 1 x Tanglers
  • 4 x Woundwart (healing an extra point if you rest for a day)
  • 2 x Rod of Deal Light Wounds (1D6+1 once per day)
  • Alchemist's Kit
    • 3 x Liver Squeezins
    • 4 x Assassin's Hemp (for morale of NPCs)
    • 6 x Essence of Krangor (If breathed in, 75% chance that it will instantly impart 6 temporary hit points but 25% it will do 1d3 damage instead)

Healing Costs

Heal Wounded (100 each to make + 1 week, 125gp each from temple), Neutralize Poison Potion (200 to make + 2 weeks, 250 each from temple), Cure Disease Potion (300gp to make + 3 weeks, 500gp from temple), Comfrey Root (10 gp), Essence of Krangor (150gp), Pint of Wine (5sp), White Lotus (100gp)

Spells

Spells Memorized: (1st Level - 2, 2nd Level - 2, 3rd level - 2, 4th level - 1, Lawful - 1, Blessing - 1):

1st Level

  • Heal Wounded (x2)

2nd Level

  • Find Traps
  • Speak with Animals

3rd Level

  • Blessed Weapon (Blessing)
  • Dispel Magic
  • Remove Curse
  • Stand the Fallen

4th Level

  • Heal the Wounded 10' radius
  • Protection from Chaos 10' radius (Lawful)
  • Speak with Dead

Berserk Rage

A character with this skill may take 1 combat round to prepare and then on a successful skill check will go into a mad battle-rage, gaining +2 on his “to-hit” rolls, does not need to make Morale Checks, and gets +6 to saves vs Fear spells or effects. It takes a skill roll to set aside the rage (one try per round, but it does not cost an attack or move), or else the character will keep hacking enemies or dead bodies in sight and start making a lot of screaming noise (wandering monster on 5-6 on 1d6 each round).

Maintenance Log

Paid Maintenance for Paid Maintenance for 03/07/2021 game (150gp)
Paid Maintenance for 04/03/2021 game (150gp)
Paid Maintenance for 04/10/2021 game (21gp = 3 HD / 7 Days)
Paid Maintenance for 05/01/2021 game (54gp = 3 HD / 18 Days)
Paid Maintenance for 05/16/2021 game (21gp = 3HD / 14 Days)
Paid Maintenance for 06/27/2021 game (164gp = 4HD / 41 Days)
Paid Maintenance for 08/22/2021 game (56gp = 4HD / 28 Days)
Paid Maintenance for 09/05/2021 game (35gp = 5HD / 14 Days)
Paid Maintenance for 09/19/2021 game (35gp = 5HD / 14 Days)
Paid Maintenance for 10/03/2021 game (52.5gp = 5HD / 21 Days)
Paid Maintenance for 10/17/2021 game (52.5gp = 5HD / 21 Days)
Paid Maintenance for 11/30/2021 game (110gp = 5HD / 44 days)
Paid Maintenance through 2021 (77.5pg 5HD/ 31 days)
Paid Maintenance for Sandra through 2021 (60gp 2HD/60 days)
Paid Maintenance for 01/01/2022 - 02/28/2022 (236gp 6HD+2HD / 59 days)
Paid Maintenance for 03/01/2022 - 03/31/2022 (139.5gp 7HD+2HD / 31 Days)
Paid Maintenance for 04/01/2022 - 04/30/2022 (135gp 7HD+2HD / 30 Days)
Paid Lizard Maintenance for 04/01/0200 - 04/30/2022 (180gp 2*6HD /30days)
Paid Maintenance for 05/01/2022 - 05/30/2022 - (135gp 7HD+2HD / 30 Days)
Paid Lizard Maintenance for 05/01/2022 - 05/30/2022 - (180gp 2*6HD /30days)
Paid Maintenance for 06/01/2022 - 07/30/2022 - (600gp 8HD+2HD * 60 days)
Paid Maintenance for Lizards for 06/01/2022 - 07/30/2022 (360gp 2*6HD * 60days)
Paid for Sondra's Funeral 200gp
Paid Maintenance for Lizards and Zerk for 08/01/2022 - 08/30/2022 (420gp = 8HD + 6HD * 30days)
Paid Maintenance for Temple of Nerthuz in Wheatabix 08/15/2022 - (480gp = 32HD 16+16 * 15 days)
Paid Maintenance for Notchet fo Wheatabix 08/01/2022 - 08/30/2022 (30gp)
Paid Maintenance for Temple of Nerthuz in Wheatabix 09/01/2022 - 09/30/2022 (960gp= 32HD 16+16 * 30 days)
Paid Maintenance for Notchet fo Wheatabix 09/01/2022 - 09/30/2022 (30gp)
Paid Randy to watch the Frat House from 09/01/2022 - 09/30/2022 (30gp)

zerkwad.txt · Last modified: 2022/06/12 17:55 by andrew